Wednesday 5 February 2014

Our Day At Home

Today I was on a mission to keep these little people busy and happy. I have been pretty slack with encouraging the boys to do craft and drawing. This has to change, especially if we expect them to be Prep ready for 2015.
I had a bit of fun setting up their playroom into little play areas for reading, puzzles and blocks. It was so nice to see them excited about their playroom!
Next I copied a few pages out of a Kindergarten workbook that I found at Aldi ( love that place). The activities were all prewriting exercises. Its hard to tell from day to day how much attention they will pay my little activities I set them to do. Today was a good day and I felt great they were actually doing the exercises


 
 
After lunch we did some craft. I have some great craft activity ideas from one of my previous Nurse Managers who kindly shared her folders of information with me.  I used the Fuzzy Glue Drawing idea today. A bit of yarn, glue and paper was all that was needed. To get the yarn ready you wind it around your fingers about 15 times and then cut through the end of the loops.  You can then snip the yarn into 2cm pieces. I found some vibrant colours that looked interesting together. We sat down and glued and patted yarn on to our paper, it was fun and colourful! We did some cutting with scissors and pasted some pretty paper on to our creations. This activity is especially good for little ones with Sensory Processing Dysfunction.  My two tend to be not to keen on sticky substances and the added yarn pushed them a little bit, which is what they need.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment