Wednesday 22 October 2014

Scrap Buster Bowl



I am a yarn hoarder I can not lie. And I am not alone, I just know it! Projects to help use those left over yarn balls from bygone projects tend to be very useful.
This project is all about colour, don't be afraid. Jump in feet first and combine those colours to your hearts content.
For my Scrap Buster Bowl I used 10ply yarn in lavender, purple and a vivid lime green.
The pattern I used is the crochet bowl pattern that I have previously blogged.
http://daisydaisy17.blogspot.com.au/2014/09/crochet-bowl.html

What you will need.....
3 x 10ply 40gram balls of cotton, wool or acrylic yarn in contrasting colours( the completed bowl weighs 100grams)
9mm crochet hook
The dimensions of the bowl should be 9" in diameter and 3" high

If you want your bowl to be bigger just add as many increasing rounds as you like, following the pattern of increases which is easy to work out.
I completed the bowl with a round of slip stitch to tidy up the top edge.
Weave in ends.

Spray with starch spray to make the bowl more sturdy.


No comments:

Post a Comment